ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Datapath failover for non IBM Tape Devices

2015-11-26 06:44:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Datapath failover for non IBM Tape Devices
From: "Barkes, Jason" <jason.barkes AT SSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:42:06 +0000
Hi All,
               I am looking at putting in a solution for data path failover to
my tape drives.  I have HP LTO6 Ultrium drives which support dual port failover.

I am comfortable that basic DPF using NPort and WWN address failover would work
to protect the drive and the far switches/GBICs etc.  However, I am looking at
providing a solution that Paths from an AIX host (Multiple adapters) across 2
different fabrics to the 2 ports in the back of the tape drives.

I can see that this is supported in AIX using IBM Atape and produce a
primary/Alt device to configure. However, I am using HP and convert the drives
to IBM TSM Format, so there is no alt_pathing field available on a mt device.

So if you have any knowledge of how to configure this on the AIX/TSM end I
would be very grateful.

Regards,
  Jason Barkes

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It may not represent the views of the SSE Group.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by anyone else
is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may be unlawful.
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of the error in
transmission. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email (or any
attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance of an
offer and it does not form part of a binding contractual agreement.

SSE plc
Registered Office: Inveralmond House 200 Dunkeld Road Perth PH1 3AQ
Registered in Scotland No. SC117119
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for certain
consumer credit activities.
www.sse.com