ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM for VM CTL data

2015-10-27 11:57:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM for VM CTL data
From: David Ehresman <david.ehresman AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:54:01 +0000
I'm trying to determine if I can reduce the amount of TSMVE CTL data I have to
restore at my DR site.  I did a select against the backups table to count how
many active and inactive files I had.  It told me that all the files in that
storage class were active and there were no inactive.  How does TSMVE manage
that CTL meta data?

Has anyone tried using a VTL copy of the CTL data in a restore scenario instead
of doing a restore stg of the ctl disk pool before starting the VME restore?

David