ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Retore the database TSM V6 with "DB2

2015-10-14 12:51:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Retore the database TSM V6 with "DB2
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:49:53 -0500
The TSM database is not restored via DB2 commands. Instead, you should
restore it using the "dsmserv restore db" command. This is described in
the "TSM Administrator's Guide" for TSM V6, Chapter 33. The exact syntax
is in "TSM Administrator's Reference", Chapter 4.

Many of us have had to do this, and it works. It is going to be very
difficult or impossible to do this restore using DB2 commands, because
this is not really a DB2 backup. It has to be restored in a particular
way to restore a TSM server that will run.

I would suggest calling IBM Support for assistance.

======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====