ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500 library changes to Max Cartridges and Max VIO slots

2015-10-14 01:55:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3500 library changes to Max Cartridges and Max VIO slots
From: Karel Bos <tsm.wad AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:54:23 +0200
Hi,

We use the ibm ts3500 lib with tsm servers able to do refreshstate but.....
on aix using ibm device drivers this works, on windows the device driver
seems to block any and all communications to the lib as soon as the lib
changes it's config making this tsm option useless. Removing the robotics
device and doing a windows rescan followed by the audit refreshstate from
tsm solves it.

So it seems the answer to the question depends on what version of tsm is
used, which library is involved and which driver is being used on what OS.