ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP4VE: How to delete old backups of excluded volumes

2015-10-09 20:24:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP4VE: How to delete old backups of excluded volumes
From: David Ehresman <david.ehresman AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 14:45:37 +0000
On VMware backups, delete filespace will delete all of the backups for the VM,
not just the newly excluded volumes.

Excluding the Hard Disks will make current backups for those disks inactive and
they will age out based on your retention policy.  I do not think you can
delete them otherwise without deleting all the backups for the VM and starting
over.

David