ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1.3 and Directory-container storage pools

2015-10-06 05:48:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 7.1.3 and Directory-container storage pools
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 09:47:12 +0000
Hi to all

Today in my V7.1.3 test environment , tried to move data from old stg fashion
(file) to  directory container storage without any success
Tried with commands:   move nodedata and move data

Here output

tsm: TSMTEST>move nodedata test from=tsmstg1 to=stg_dir
ANR3385E MOVE NODEDATA: The operation is not allowed for container storage
pools.

tsm: TSMTEST>move data C:\MOUNTPOINTS\STORAGE_1\STG1\00000267.BFS stg=stg_dir
ANR3385E MOVE DATA: The operation is not allowed for container storage pools.

I tried too , to do a nextstg
TSMTEST>upd stg tsmstg1 nextstg=stg_dir
ANR2399E UPDATE STGPOOL: Storage pool STG_DIR is not a sequential pool.

I of course define stg with stgtype=directory (stg_dir) and after it define
stgpooldirectory

Anybody know a way to move old stg to new stg with stgtype=directory  ????

Regards

Robert