ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Version 7.1.3

2015-09-30 13:07:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Version 7.1.3
From: "J. Pohlmann" <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:05:45 -0700
Karel, your reference is to 6.1 - note the fix in 6.1.3 - it was supported but
in many cases you did not get a great dedup percentage. My test was for a 7.1.3
environment with directory container storage pools.

Virtual volumes are still very useful for TSM database backups and storing
Recovery Plan Files at another TSM server. For client data protection, I will
always prefer node replication.

Regards,
Joerg Pohlmann