ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Client for Windows 10

2015-09-23 14:33:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Client for Windows 10
From: "J. Pohlmann" <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:32:04 -0700
I haven't seen a support statement. Here is my experience (sample of 1 - use
your judgement). My 7.1.2 clients survived the upgrade to Windows 10 just
fine. I have upgraded one Windows 10 client to 7.1.3 by installing over the
7.1.2 client. It was a two-step instaal: 1) install the prereq - then the
installed quit; 2) install the client - the installer now saw the pre-req
and the install went fine. I also set up the services and for the first time
in many months, the Web client/Java worked (wonders never cease to happen).
Backups and restore worked fine. My intent is to upgrade once there is a
7.1.3.x with official support for Windows 10. Maybe the install will then
just be a one-step install.

Regards,
Joerg Pohlmann