ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] A few questions about managing multiple Spectrum Protect servers with the Operations Center

2015-09-09 16:26:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] A few questions about managing multiple Spectrum Protect servers with the Operations Center
From: Evan Dunn <edunn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:22:10 -0600
You guys are right that this is not a supported OC configuration.

But, to get this to work you would want to look at configuring the OC manually
(not using the Hub Configuration built in).

Take a look at serverConnection.properties in
(/opt/tivoli/tsm/ui/Liberty/usr/servers/guiServer/) on the OC you have setup
for the main office (use the OC to configure the main office).

Copy this to your spoke office, and point things to the spoke server values
(note: either set the IBM-OC- admin ID to never expire on all the servers, or
use the undocumented parameter SERVER_ADMIN_PASSWORD_DECRYPTED with a unique
admin)

Don't forget to restart the OC to pick up the changes!   (service opscenter.rc
restart)

By doing it this way, you can use the spoke as if it was a hub, without making
it a true hub.

With that said -- caveats:
1) replication visibility will only work on the main office OC
2) REPL_MODE=RECEIVE nodes won't be visible (not an issue in the configuration
you want), but would be an issues if replication from hub to spoke (instead of
spoke to hub)
3) this is unsupported, untested
4) other stuff may or may not work (I tried it out and didn't see things
explode)

(I do not represent IBM or Spectrum Protect)

Good luck!