ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] A few questions about managing multiple Spectrum Protect servers with the Operations Center

2015-09-09 06:04:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] A few questions about managing multiple Spectrum Protect servers with the Operations Center
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 12:03:17 +0200
Hi all,

I am looking into some things regarding the managing/monitoring of multiple
TSM (sorry, Spectrum Protect) servers using the Operations Center.

I can build a test setup to look into it but that is not worth the effort
if somebody here can tell me it's not going to work. :-)

Let's asume I have a HQ and 5 branch offices.

I configure the branch offices to use Spectrum Protect replication to the
HQ location.

I want the branch offices to be able to monitor and administer their local
Spectrum Protect server using a local OC setup on the BO server (version
7.1.3) but not see the server in the HQ.

Next I want the OC install on the Spectrum Protect server in the HQ to have
a connection with the server in HQ but also al 5 of the branch offices.

I can use seperate Spectrum Protect admin accounts.
VPN access is all configured.
It's just about being able to connect a Spectrum Protect server to multiple
instances of the Operations Center basically and creating something that
looks like multi tiering this way.

Any feedback is welcome, thanks in advance!

Regards,
   Stefan