ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] nfs mounted tsm storage becoming unavailable

2015-09-08 10:39:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] nfs mounted tsm storage becoming unavailable
From: "Lee, Gary" <glee AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:38:11 +0000
We are trying to troubleshoot a problem with our tsm disk storage.

Tsm server 6.3.4 running on RHEL 6.5.
Our storage is a set of subdirectories on a file system mounted via nfs v3 to
all three of our tsm servers.

All goes fine until an attempt is made to define one or more volumes to a
storage pool.
At that time, if other tsm servers are writing to the storage, those volumes
will become red-only when the volume define is in process.

Other operations, such as reclamation, and normal writing do not cause problems.

Our storage provider, (nexenta) is asking what tsm does when creating a storage
volume.
So, I am coming to the list for information.  Just what does tsm do under the
covers when defining a storage volume?

Thanks for any help.