ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Monitoring/Reporting Cognos

2015-09-04 10:18:02
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Monitoring/Reporting Cognos
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT COX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 09:17:11 -0500
OK, recently IBM created Operations Center but also included ~monitoring &
reporting~ through COGNOS.

Has anyone been taking advantage of that for anything?

I'm looking at setting it up and what I'm hoping it can do is:

Trend each individual client's activity over time (backup bytes, archive,
restore, retrieve, etc.)

Trend each TSM server as a whole over time (backup bytes, archive, restore,
retrieve, etc.)

Trend same as above but for auditocc

Report on things like spikes in incremental backups (so if a box typically
sends less than 10 GB. if it jumps to 50 GB, report on it)

Just would like to know if anyone has played around with any of this yet.

I've been trying out Operations Center but that doesn't have any long term
reporting and missing things that I really want and I hope I can get Cognos
to fill the bill.

Thanks in advance,

Dwight

(where is Wanda when ya need her)