ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] going to all random disk pool for tsm for ve

2015-08-24 18:00:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] going to all random disk pool for tsm for ve
From: Ron Delaware <ron.delaware AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:57:52 -0700
You treat the filepool as if it was tape. You don't want hundreds of nodes data on a tape cartridge because it causes contention, and it causes massive amount of tape mounts.  You can get the same types of problems with filepool volumes even though it is disk. When a filepool volume is being read it is mounted, just like a tape. If you are using replication between two ProtecTIER VTL's, production and DR,  you can actually checkout a volume in one vtl and check it in in the other vtl, just like tape.

Best Regards,

email:
ron.delaware AT us.ibm DOT com