ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] How to dedicate a network port for backup

2015-08-24 04:47:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] How to dedicate a network port for backup
From: S Kumar <our.tsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:16:12 +0530
Hi Team,

In one of our setup, customer has given a dedicated network port for
backup. We have to enable this IP and  port from TSM server side and client
side for backup.

Basis details are

Server physical host name is : eccdb
Service ip address for SAP application: 192.168.1.100

/etc/hosts having the first entry against Service IP address, ie
 192.168.1.100      eccdb
172.16.10.100       eccbkp

They have dedicated the ip address 172.16.10.100 for backup.
Here they are also running the LAN Free backup. and i have updated the HL
address in and in storage agent config. but when we start the storage agent
service, it is picking the the 192.168.1.100. I have checked it from the
dsmsta process. dsmstat process is listing on port 1500 against ip address
192.168.1.100.

I have also updated the HL address in TSM server for storage agent server.
My backup is running perfectly but running of service ip address. Where as
it should run on 172.16.10.100 ip address as i have mentioned in the config
file dsmsta.opt.

Any one has any idea on this.

Regards,

SKumar