ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Enhancement request

2015-08-13 09:50:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Enhancement request
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 13:48:14 +0000
Hi,

I haven't used the OC since 6.3 or 6.4.  But, if this feature is not
there, this is the one thing that I need and the only reason I'm holding
on to the old TSM v5 Management Console software:

-  Custom SQL queries that can be created and ran against the TSM server
environments ona regular basis and reporting and alerting on those
queries.  It doesn't need to be heavy weight and it doesn't need to report
trends and it doesn't need to be formated all pretty like such as in the
Cognos reports in monitoring.  It just needs to be able to run a query,
take the results, have criteria for alerting and then alert when
necessary.  Perhaps there's a way to do that now in OC, but it is
absolutely a missing component to what we need for operating TSM.
Otherwise, I'm writing custom scripts, trying to tie that into Nagios and
SCCM or whatever and going that route. Or I'm trying to learn Cognos
reporting, Tivoli Reporting software, etc. all that is out of scope of
what backup administrators need to do.

My $.02.  Thanks!

Sergio

On 8/11/15, 12:57 PM, "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager on behalf of Francisco
Molero" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on behalf of fmolero AT YAHOO DOT COM>