ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SQL 2012 AlwaysOn database backup/restore using TDP 7.1.1 under a single nodename?

2015-08-07 09:02:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] SQL 2012 AlwaysOn database backup/restore using TDP 7.1.1 under a single nodename?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 13:01:03 +0000
We are going to be moving our SQL backups to a new TSM 7.1 server environment,
and I am thinking about changing how we manage those backups.
I am considering creating a single nodename (e.g. "SQLSERVER"), and having all
the SQL servers TDP clients backup under that node.
The reason is that our DBA's do a lot of cross-server database restores, and a
single nodename gets me out of having to muck around with custom front-end
scripts, pwd & proxy settings, etc.
Has anyone tried this, and specifically, is there anything about SQL 2012
AlwaysOn databases that might not work in this scenario?
I have already seen where some of our clusters used the same AG name, so if by
chance these different clusters also had identically named databases, would the
backups collide with each other?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Backup/Recovery
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm