ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] archivelog question

2015-08-01 04:49:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] archivelog question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 05:44:33 +0000
Hello all
I want to increase my ARCHIVELOG and here the procedure I got from
documentation.
I only wondered why step 4 is before step 5 ?
TSM server version 7.1.1.200 on Windows 2008 R2 64B
Best Regards
Robert Ouzen
Moving only the archive log
You can move only the archive log from one directory to another.
1.     Halt the server.
2.     Create an archive log directory by issuing the following command:
[AIX operating systems][HP-UX operating systems][Linux operating
systems][Oracle Solaris operating systems]
mkdir /archivelog2
[Windows operating systems]
mkdir q:\tsm\archivelog
3.     Update the dsmserv.opt option file for the new archive log directory by
issuing the following command:
[AIX operating systems][HP-UX operating systems][Linux operating
systems][Oracle Solaris operating systems]
archlogdirectory /archivelog2
[Windows operating systems]
archlogdirectory q:\tsm\archivelog
4.     Restart the server.
5.     Move the archive logs from the old directory to the new directory.
Preserve any subdirectory structure. Use and verify a recursive copy directory
command. For example:

[AIX operating systems][HP-UX operating systems][Linux operating
systems][Oracle Solaris operating systems]
cp -r /archivelog/*   /archivelog2

[Windows operating systems]
xcopy /s k:\tsm\archivelog\*   q:\tsm\archivelog
6.       Optional: Remove the old directory.