ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM TDPSQL crashes on log backup

2015-07-29 08:34:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM TDPSQL crashes on log backup
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:33:15 -0400
If you go look at the ADSM-L archives you will see I just went through this
exact same problem, a week or so ago. It is a known problem:

IT09192: DATABASE BACKUPS USING DATA PROTECTION FOR SQL CAN CRASH DURING
PROCESSING WITH REFERENCES TO MODULE CLR.DLL

IBM recently released TDP SQL patch 7.1.2.1 but it DOES NOT fix this
problem fully/yet - at least not on our system with this issue.  The APAR
discussed 2-problem and the FIN mentioned is 7.1.3.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator