ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Flashcopy Manager and EMC XtremIO

2015-07-23 19:30:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Flashcopy Manager and EMC XtremIO
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:28:46 -0400
Hi Thomas,

> Does Flashcopy Manager support the XtremIO array or not?

For FCM Unix and Linux - No, unless placed under an SVC

For FCM VMware - No, unless placed under an SVC

For FCM Windows - If EMC's VSS provider supports it, then FCM Windows
support its
You will need to ask your EMC rep about this... I don't know.
(Windows is different because it uses the Microsoft VSS infrastructure and
relies on the
device vendor to provide the "glue" between VSS and the hardware.)

Thank you,

Del

Del Hoobler
Product Manager - Data Protection
IBM Systems - IBM Corporation

Tivoli Storage Manager is now IBM Spectrum Protect™

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/23/2015
11:23:08 AM: