ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving DB , LOG , ARCHLOG

2015-07-22 12:44:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving DB , LOG , ARCHLOG
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 16:42:57 +0000
Hello

I am in stage of moving my DB , Activelog and Archivelog from old storage to
faster storage,   DB on SSD disks

I am wonder if I can do it in one step, meaning:

1.       Creating new volumes for DB on SSD lists, create a list on dbdir.file

2.       Create a new volume of 150G for  activelog    as:  X:\tsmactlog

3.       Create a new volume of 400G for archivelog  as:  Y:\tsmarchlog

4.       On dsmserv.opt update those entries as:  ACTIVELOGDirectory
X:\tsmactlog

     ARCHLOGDirectory           Y:\tsmarchlog

5.       Run a full backup DB

6.       Halt the server

7.       Run dsmserv removedb  TSMDB1

8.       Run dsmserv restore DB todate=today on=dbdir.file

9.       Restart the server

10.   Move the archivelog from the old directory to the new directory as:

Xcopy /s  OLDDIRECTORY\*      Y:\tsmarchlog

Or need to do it in 3 steps ? (meaning 3 halt of server)

1.       ACTIVELOG  change in dsmserv.opt  , halt server and restart server

2.       ARCHIVELOG  change in dsmser.opt , halt server and restart server

3.       DB , backupdb  ,halt server , restore DB on=dbfile , restart server

TSM server version 7.1.1.200 on Windows 2008R2 64B

Best Regards

Robert Ouzen