ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM, Linux and VMs

2015-07-01 08:41:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM, Linux and VMs
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 08:38:34 -0400
Hello Erwann, thank you for replying.

I am not using VCB -- but instead, VADP.  It's ridiculous that IBM can't
offer the same off-host file-level backup of for Linux VMs that they do for
Windows VMs - now I have to deploy and manage an in-guest BA client for
every VM?

According to this link, it looks like file-level backup should be
available, off-host using VADP for BOTH Windows and Linux.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1021175

Am I missing something?  Does anyone know if IBM is working on this
feature?  I don't relish the idea of searching for Linux files by
repeatedly mounting images until I find the file I need...

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services