ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM, Linux and VMs

2015-06-30 23:14:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM, Linux and VMs
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 23:13:03 -0400
Folks:

Is it possible to perform off-host, file-level incremental backups of Linux
VMs from a Linux "proxy" or "data mover?"

I am using TSM 7.1.1 Server, and have a mix of Windows and Linux VMs
(VMware, vSphere 5.5 environment).

I have no trouble using my Windows "data mover" with the BA client to
perform file-level backups of Windows VMs, but I am thus far unable to use
my Linux "data mover" host with BA client to perform file-level backups of
Linux VMs.

Is this not supported?  If not... what is the best way to perform off-host,
file level incremental backups of Linux VMs?

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services