ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Policy Domains and Config Management

2015-06-25 14:42:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] Policy Domains and Config Management
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT SEGROCERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:39:58 +0000
Okay, either I am missing something or have possibly run up against a bug (most
likely the former).
The scenario involves multiple 7.1.1 TSM Servers on Windows 2K8 R2 in regard to
configuration management.

I have successfully set this up on systems in the past but this time I am
having an issue even after reviewing the admin guide and following the example
provided.
My goal was to use configuration management to manage my policy domains on the
managed servers.

I added my SQL_DOMAIN to a profile. The domain originally existed on all of the
managed servers. As expected, when I tried to manage them with the profile I
received the following error:

"ANR3350W Locally defined domain SQL_DOMAIN contains at least one node and
cannot be replaced with a definition from the configuration manager."

As per the admin guide I perform these steps:

1.       Copy the domain.

2.       Move all clients assigned to the original domain to the copied domain.

3.       Trigger a configuration refresh.

4.       Activate the appropriate policy set in the new, managed policy domain.

5.       Move all clients back to the original domain, which is now managed.

I confirm that after the configuration refresh in step 3 above that the
SQL_DOMAIN was updated successfully by $$CONFIG_MANAGER$$.

After activating the policy and moving the client back I attempt to refresh the
policy domain again and receive the same error:
"ANR3350W Locally defined domain SQL_DOMAIN contains at least one node and
cannot be replaced with a definition from the configuration manager."

I even tried deleting the original domain on the managed server, same results.

All comments welcome.....thks!

Rick Adamson