ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] server out of storage space when really not missing vmware backups

2015-06-08 13:40:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] server out of storage space when really not missing vmware backups
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 18:38:29 +0100
Gary

That depends on the volume status.

If FILLING, then it is eligible to be written to. Example a volume in
FILLING status which is 75% utilised has 25% free space. Therefore a
candidate for wring to.

If FULL, the volume was 100% full at one stage. The volume remains in that
state until all of the space is reclaimed and is 0% full, then PENDING
state and finally SCRATCH. Example, a 75% utilised volume that is in FULL
state is NOT eligible to be written to.

Hitting maxscratch indeed renders the storage pool full, which it
effectively is.

select volume_name, status, pct_utilized, pct_reclaim from volumes order by
2,3

This will show you which volumes are in FILLING state and therefore
eligible to be written to. What are your reclaim values - are you freeing
up tapes via reclaim in the VM pool?