ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Rebuild a lost volhist for a dbrestore

2015-06-05 14:14:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Rebuild a lost volhist for a dbrestore
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT SEGROCERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 18:12:23 +0000
Bill,
As per IBM docs you must have a copy of the volume history file to recover the
server.
But before I threw in the towel I would try to recreate it.

Do you have the disaster recovery file?
If so, open it in notepad and search for VOLUME.HISTORY.FILE
The information contained in that portion of the DR file on my version 7.1.1
servers is an exact replica of my volume history file.

Next copy ALL of the volume information to a blank text file.
Search the DR file for VOLHIST where you will find what to name the file and
where to save it, alternatively that info can also be found in the server
options file.
The volume history file format should look something like this:

*
*                                     Sequential Volume Usage History
*                                       Updated 06/05/2015 06:46:19
*
 Operation Date/Time:   2015/06/05 06:29:12

 Volume Type:  BACKUPFULL
* Location for volume \\xxx.xxx.xxx.x\BACKUP\TSM\DB\500150.DBV is: ''
 Volume Name:  "\\xxx.xxx.xxx.x\BACKUP\TSM\DB\500150.DBV"
 Backup Series:    2764
 Backup Op:       0
 Volume Seq:    1001
  Device Class Name:  DD-TSMDB
 Operation Date/Time:   2015/06/05 06:29:12

 Volume Type:  BACKUPFULL
* Location for volume \\ xxx.xxx.xxx.x \BACKUP\TSM\DB\500544.DBV is: ''
 Volume Name:  "\\ xxx.xxx.xxx.x \BACKUP\TSM\DB\500544.DBV"
 Backup Series:    2764
 Backup Op:       0
 Volume Seq:    1002
  Device Class Name:  DD-TSMDB

Once you have that completed attempt a recovery following the documented
process which can be found here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_6.3.0/com.ibm.itsm.srv.ref.doc/r_cmd_dsmserv_restore_db_current.html

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS8TDQ_6.4.0/com.ibm.itsm.srv.doc/t_scen_srv_recover.html

Good luck !