ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Moving nodes to a new policy

2015-06-05 11:01:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Moving nodes to a new policy
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 07:59:40 -0700
I don't know that you have to restart the schedules after changing the
node's policy domain, as long as you make sure to reset the schedule
association.
Running QUERY ASSOCIATION when changing the domain is something I always
remember to do the moment after hitting enter.

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 02:52:48PM +0000, Thomas Denier wrote:
> This should work fine. There will be some additional complications if you use
> the TSM central scheduler to trigger backups for the affected nodes.
>
> You will need to copy schedule definitions from the old policy domain to the
> new one, unless the new one already has suitable schedule definitions.
>
> You will need to execute "define association" commands.
>
> You may need to restart the schedule services (Windows) or processes
> (Linux/Unix) on the affected nodes. My best guess is that this will be
> necessary if prompt mode scheduling is used and will not be necessary if
> polling mode scheduling is used.
>
> Thomas Denier
> Thomas Jefferson University

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354