ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving nodes to a new policy

2015-06-04 20:35:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving nodes to a new policy
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 10:32:47 +1000
If I have nodes that are currently under a policy that keeps 5 backup versions,
can I move them to another policy which keeps only 2 backup versions?

Will TSM then start expiring all the older backup versions of files which are
no longer needed?

We have two nodes which are taking up a lot of backup space in TSM and want to
reduce this.

Thanks & Regards

Paul Dudley

pdudley AT anl.com DOT au

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named add
ressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited. If you
received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail
from your s
ystem. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it for any purpose, or
disclose its
 contents to any person.