ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: including/excluding vms from backups administration usability

2015-05-20 01:49:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: including/excluding vms from backups administration usability
From: Markus Engelhard <markus.engelhard AT BUNDESBANK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 07:48:08 +0200
Dear all,

thanks for the feedback and great solutions! @Del, that was exactly the
RFE, so the vote has increased by 1. Should be doable with limited
resources, as it is displayed as a list in the GUI and the syntax is there
as in exclude.vmdisk, so please dont´t reject it.
Using vmfolders is a great option, as long as the VM admins / deployment
staff agree to manage these. Would also be easy in the deployment workflow,
as my admins would not have to actively manage the configuration, just
check the backups.
Thanks for the nice description! I will certainly discuss this as a neat
solution.
Flagging vms won´t be doable in our environment of 2-3k vms already
deployed. Still a good idea, putting meaning to names and using conventions
has always made life easier in administration.

So thanks again to all who contribute to the list!

Markus