ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tsm and dedup hardware or software or both

2015-05-14 09:49:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tsm and dedup hardware or software or both
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT BILOHOLDINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 13:48:18 +0000
Coincidently I am testing this now. We have historically used Data Domain for
TSM storage using a FILE class storage pool. For best results Data Domain
prefers data uncompressed and unencrypted. If like us you have a capacity
license this tends to significantly increase the reported TSM storage and
ultimately license costs.

At least for the time being the data will still need to rest on Data Domain.
Test objectives are; compare deduplication results of TSM versus DD,
associated storage requirements, performance, and associated costs (additional
memory, DB & Log space, etc.

Will report back on the test results.
Feedback welcome....

Rick Adamson