ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SUR Data Collection Interval

2015-05-13 10:07:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SUR Data Collection Interval
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 10:02:11 -0400
Hi Rick,

The SUR collection is being done once per week. It is not configurable.
The original thought on the collection interval was to do it once per week
because the SQL statements and related queries can put additional stress
on the system. It is collected often enough that it is usable for
licensing/audit purposes but not so often that it is an impact to the
system.
Once a week was a collection interval chosen so that you could track
progress
over time to see how your capacity was changing relative to your
purchased license entitlement. The perspective was that folks would not be

looking at license capacity information on a daily basis.
Do you see a need to collect it on a more frequent interval?

We can always look again at this and would encourage you to open an RFE if
you have a good reason to have this refreshed on a more frequent basis.

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/08/2015
10:04:36 AM: