ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] השב: [ADSM-L] the usual trou ble backi ng up invalid file names 6.4.2 clien t on ubuntu

2015-04-29 11:19:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] השב: [ADSM-L] the usual trou ble backi ng up invalid file names 6.4.2 clien t on ubuntu
From: Paul-Andre Chasse <paul-andre.chasse AT USHERBROOKE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:17:22 -0400
Here at the University of Sherbrooke, we solved the problem by using the C locale.

LANG=C
LC_ALL=C

If you use these settings for backup AND for restore, filenames with be store without checking the charset. You SHOULD use the same settings for restore.

Paul-André

*Paul-André Chassé*, B. Sc.
Analyste de l'informatique - Centre de calcul scientifique (John-S.-Bourque)
Service des technologies de l'information
Université de Sherbrooke

Tél. : 819 821-8000, poste 62582
Courriel : Paul-Andre.Chasse AT USherbrooke DOT ca