ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to restore (already expired) objects from tape?

2015-04-14 09:16:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to restore (already expired) objects from tape?
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:14:23 +0000
We had a data loss "incident" a couple of years back.  There is no way to
re-populate the TSM DB from a tape.
You have 2 options:
1. Do a DB restore to before the data was deleted from the TSM DB
2. Use a data recovery process to re-read the tapes.

We used Option 2, and got most of it back.  IBM supplied the program to
read the data from tape and put it into a directory structure.

Steven