ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP

2015-04-01 15:57:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP
From: white jeff <jeff.white3 AT BLUEYONDER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 20:52:46 +0100
Eric

reg node filer-name passowrd dom=<nas_domain> type=nas user=none

define datamover (data-mover-name> type=nas hla=<ip address of the filer>
lla=<filer port number> userid=???? password=???? dataf=celerradump   (or
whatever format it is)

### Mine was an EMC VG8 filer and i needed to do this also:
setopt ndmpprefdatainterface 172.1.50.10    (the ip address of the TSM
backup LAN into the TSM server)

### I assume at this point that you already have the library and the path
to the library defined
### In my case, i already had 4 drives defined, but to the TSM server. I
did'nt use them for TSM though
### So i simply defined four new paths to the existing drive names, but the
paths are sourcetype datamover instead of server

def path your-filer-name DRIVE01 srct=datamover desttype=drive
library=your-library-name_VTL01 device=tape-device-in-the-filer
def path your-filer-name DRIVE02 srct=datamover desttype=drive
library=your-library-name_VTL01 device=tape-device-in-the-filer
def path your-filer-name DRIVE03 srct=datamover desttype=drive
library=your-library-name_VTL01 device=tape-device-in-the-filer
def path your-filer-name DRIVE04 srct=datamover desttype=drive
library=your-library-name_VTL01 device=tape-device-in-the-filer

### Now define the TOC for the NDMP backups. I defined 2 25gb drives

DEFINE VOLUME stg_ndmp_toc E:\your-windows-path-name\toc_stg_vol_
formatsize=25000 n=2

And of course you need some tapes in the library, so these will need to be
checked in, if not already in there

I have VTL's on a Data Domain 990, not 'real' drives and tapes

Hope this helps