ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS9397W ... why?

2015-03-30 10:28:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS9397W ... why?
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:26:59 -0400
Hello all:

I've got TSM EE 7.1.1 installed on RHEL6.6 and everything's working just
great.  I also have TSM TDP 7.1.1 installed on a Windows 2012 box, but
that's registering this "funny" error, which I am hoping you can help me
interpret.

ANS9397W
TSM application protection cannot protect this machine. Virtual machine 'VM'
does not have operating system or applications supported by TSM application
protection.
How is it possible?  I get this error for every single one of my Windows
VMs (all varieties of Windows 2008 and 2012), and I cannot understand it.
I have troubleshooted VSS, and there are no errors.  In fact, I can even
see in the logs that VSS snapshots are properly firing off as commanded by
VMware tools as requested by the TSM BA client... so... what gives?

Does anyone have any insight into what could be the reason?

Thanks in advance for your time in considering my question.

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services