ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Java version and Admin Center

2015-03-26 11:14:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Java version and Admin Center
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 15:12:35 +0000
What's the latest version of Java being used for compatibility with TSM Admin
Center?

I can run Java 6 Update 39 with Admin Center without issues for Admin Center.

I'm running TSM Servers at 6.3.4.300.
Admin Center is also at 6.3.4.300.

I'm in a bind where a newer Java is required to let me manage some new EMC VNX
SANs (my other hat).

For a whim, I tried the latest (Java 8 Update 40) and Admin Center isn't very
happy.

Thanks.

Harold Vandeventer
Systems Programmer
State of Kansas - Office of Information Technology Services
STE 751-S
910 SW Jackson
(785) 296-0631

[Confidentiality notice:]
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and destroy the original message, including all copies,
Thank you.