ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Define volume

2015-03-25 10:10:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Define volume
From: "Plair, Ricky" <rplair AT HEALTHPLAN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:08:25 +0000
Good Morning,

I have a TSM server version 7.1 that I'm using to backup our ISILON via NDMP.

I'm trying to set up the TOC and I'm running the following command.
                                  tsm: PROD-TSM01-VM>def volume nastocpool
/tsminst1/toc_volume formatsize=10240

Below is how the directory is set up on the TSM server which is Linux.

drwxr-xr-x.  3 tsminst1 tsmsrvrs     4096 Mar 25 09:56 toc_volume
drwxr-xr-x.  4 tsminst1 tsmsrvrs     4096 Oct 14 15:50 tsmdb01
drwxr-xr-x.  4 tsminst1 tsmsrvrs     4096 Oct 14 15:50 tsmdb02
drwxr-xr-x.  4 tsminst1 tsmsrvrs     4096 Oct 14 15:50 tsmdb03
drwxr-xr-x.  4 tsminst1 tsmsrvrs     4096 Oct 14 15:50 tsmdb04
drwxr-xr-x.  4 tsminst1 tsmsrvrs     4096 Oct 14 15:50 tsmdb05

I keep receiving the following error.

                                     tsm: PROD-TSM01-VM>def volume nastocpool
/tsminst1/toc_volume formatsize=10240
                                     ANR2404E DEFINE VOLUME: Volume
/tsminst1/toc_volume is not available.
                                     ANS8001I Return code 14.

I haven't worked with a UNIX base TSM system in over 2 yrs. So,  I'm a little
rusty. Can someone please suggest a few troubleshooting tips for this error.

I appreciate your time.

Ricky M. Plair
Storage Engineer
HealthPlan Services
Office: 813 289 1000 Ext 2273
Mobile: 757 232 7258

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information and/or Protected Health Information (PHI) subject to
protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any
use, disclosure, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.