ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] In-VMguest file-level restore for Windows?

2015-03-24 13:13:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] In-VMguest file-level restore for Windows?
From: "Underdown,John William" <JUNDERDOWN AT SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 17:11:14 +0000
Hey, it's me again.

using the "set access backup -TYPE=VM" option, see below. then using the
in-guest VM Recovery Agent, i see all the VM nodes on the TSM Server but
selecting any other VM gets a "not authorized to restore this virtual
machine" error. it can access it's own backups with no problem.

it's a bit messy but seems doable. has anyone else tried this before? am
i on the right track?

Thanks.

tsm> set access backup -TYPE=VM PWINAPP448 PWINAPP448
ANS1148I 'Set Access' command successfully completed

tsm> q access
Type     Node        User        Path
Backup   PWINAPP448  *           \VMFULL-PWINAPP448\*\*