ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restartable restores and command line options

2015-03-20 11:19:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restartable restores and command line options
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:17:30 +0000
We recently discovered that a restarted restore won't necessarily inherit all
of the command line options specified for the original restore. I don't know
whether this is a bug or a feature for which I have not found the
documentation. We started a large command line restore with "-quiet" and
"-resourceutilization=10" options. The command started 10 concurrent sessions
and did not list the names of files being restored. The command eventually
failed because the destination file system filled up. This resulted in a
restartable restore. The client system administrator added space to the file
system and executed a "dsmc restart restore" command. The restarted restore
only started one session and displayed a message for each file restored.

The client system was using 64 bit Windows 2008 and TSM 7.1.1.0 client code.
The TSM server was using zSeries Linux and TSM 6.2.5.0 server code.

Thomas Denier
Thomas Jefferson University
The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or
urgent health care matters.