ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP/ERP slows to a crawl when only one session remains.

2015-03-20 10:15:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP/ERP slows to a crawl when only one session remains.
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:13:20 -0500
FYI... we traced this back to an OS issue, haven't pin pointed it yet but
another indicator of an issue in the system is that a ping to LOCALHOST or
LOOPBACK (the 127.0.0.1 address) results in the first packet lost and
response times of 1000 ms.

I was working at upgrading the LANFree agent and it was failing on the
deployment engine installation and one of the possible issues there was
that you can't ping your loop back address... I tested that and discovered
the issue mentioned above.

We have seen that when LANFree is running OK, pings to loopback are OK,
when LANFree is running bad, so are the pings to loopback... a reboot of
the system fixes things for about 5 dyas.

At this point I've turned things over to the AIX support staff.

Thought I'd give an update in case anyone runs into this in their
environment.

Dwight E. Cook
Technical Services Prof. Sr.
Strategic Outsourcing Delivery