ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX large pages with TSM

2015-03-18 09:22:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX large pages with TSM
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 13:13:48 +0000
I've been experimenting with LARGE PAGES.  At this time I've just been trying
to get a TSM instance to come up with 64k pages.  I'll play with 16mb pages
later.

This WORKS - manual startup after changing to the db2 owner.

Su - tsmuser   (db2 owner)
LDR_CNTRL=TEXTPSIZE=64K@STACKPSIZE=64K@SHMPSIZE=64K@DATAPSIZE=64K ./dsmserv -i
/tsmdata/tsmoc/config  &

This DOESN'T work - starting it via the rc.dsmserv script.

<become root>
LDR_CNTRL=TEXTPSIZE=64K@STACKPSIZE=64K@SHMPSIZE=64K@DATAPSIZE=64K
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.dsmserv -u tsmuser -i /tsmdata/${tsm}/config -q

I understand why - the rc.dsmserv script performs a "su -" to the db2 instance
owner.  This creates a new login environment for the instance owner, and thus
doesn't pass the LDR_CNTRL env var.  I could use a custom script to start
dsmserv, but I'm wondering how you are starting it.

Q)  How are you starting up dsmserv to enable LARGE PAGES?

Thanks

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.