ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VE 7.1.1.1 backup "freezing" a VM & question about "megablocks"

2015-03-09 09:26:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VE 7.1.1.1 backup "freezing" a VM & question about "megablocks"
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 09:23:30 -0400
Hi Steve,

Off-hand I am not sure what this is, but a couple of things:

1. Are there any anomalous messages in the error log during the timeframe
of the backup that exhibits the problem?

2. Consider capturing a dump (*) of the TSM client backup process, e.g.,
dsmcsc.exe, when the backup is in the "frozen" state, open a PMR with TSM
support, and send in the dump, the dsmerror.log, and the dsmsched.log.

(*) In case you are not familiar with capturing a dump: start task manager,
find the TSM client process that appears frozen, right-click on the
process, and select "Create Dump File".

Best regards,

- Andy

Andrew Raibeck | Tivoli Storage Manager Level 3 Technical Lead |
storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/welcome
Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2015-03-06
11:28:19: