ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB2/Oracle backup reporting and scheduling

2015-03-06 13:41:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB2/Oracle backup reporting and scheduling
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT BILOHOLDINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 18:38:05 +0000
Rick,
This all began after a recent audit revealed many systems either had  missed
backup schedules, excessive retention, or no backups at all, which led to the
question of how we can better account for them on a day-to-day basis.  Of
course then the usual finger pointing ensued and management asked what could be
done to address it.

How do you assure your business, and auditors, that the expected data is
available in the event a recovery is needed?

~Rick