ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] re-adding (virtual) tape drives in Linux

2015-02-23 11:07:07
Subject: [ADSM-L] re-adding (virtual) tape drives in Linux
From: "Loon, EJ van (ITOPT3) - KLM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:05:02 +0000
Hi TSM-ers!
I'm still struggling with a few LANFree clients on Linux which cannot mount
tapes. I would like to remove the drives on them and re-add them afterwards. I
know how to do this in AIX (rmdev followed by a cfgmgr) but I cannot find
instructions on how to do this on Linux. All manuals talk about installing
lin_tape and poof, the drives are there. But what if you want to redefine them
for some reason?
Thanks again for your help!
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon