ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DEVCLASS=FILE - what am I missing

2015-02-16 11:10:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DEVCLASS=FILE - what am I missing
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:02:08 -0500
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is how the use of FILE or DISK impacts
server recovery.  If you have to restore your database, you will have to audit
all of your DISK volumes.  You can avoid auditing FILE or TAPE volumes through
the use of REUSEDELAY.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Assistant Director for Storage Services   Fx: 607-255-8521