ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Duplicate include/exclude option error

2015-02-06 15:39:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Duplicate include/exclude option error
From: "Kinder, Kevin P" <Kevin.P.Kinder AT WV DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 20:37:29 +0000
Thanks again Wanda. That will be my next step.

As a bit of background, this was all part of a process to move from our TSM
installation on z/OS to a new one on an AIX server. Hated to do that, but since
IBM dropped development and upgrades in the z/OS arena, we had no choice.  So,
in going from TSM 5.5 to 7, we had client upgrades to do as well.

In going to these new clients, we did have the additional software that was
installed as part of the process, but our TSM consultant sad the reboot didn't
have to be performed, even though it asked for one.  As a TSM vet but a newbie
to the AIX version, I took that at face value, and in moving some 100 clients
didn't have to reboot any of them - they all worked with the new client and
connecting to the new server. (Until this one, apparently.)  We probably should
have hired you instead!

Kevin Kinder
State of WV