ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM issue with RedHat

2015-02-06 08:47:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM issue with RedHat
From: "Sims, Richard B" <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 13:45:09 +0000
From my experience, this likely has nothing to do with the TSM server, but
rather either configuration issues with the client or permissions on the
dsmerror.log, or its location.
Start with a simple command like ‘dsmc q fi’, as an ordinary user and then
root, to see if there are issues with dsmerror.log access, and expand from
there. ‘dsmc q inclexcl’ will in particular exercise your client configuration
files, as well as attempt to query the server.
We don’t know if your client system ever had viable sessions with the TSM
server or if this is a new system attempting its first interactions.

  Richard Sims, Boston University