ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Availability of 7.1.1.200 server code

2015-02-04 09:29:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Availability of 7.1.1.200 server code
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT IU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:27:29 +0000
When the mounting of both primary and copypool volumes occurs, does the restore
run successfully anyway, even if the copypool is nor marked Unavailable?  Is
the mounting of both primary pool and copypool volumes just a waste of tape
drives, or does it crash the restore or export?  Our client admins run their
own restores. We are rarely notified before one is submitted.

If additional bad effects happen, please describe them. I may be misisng the
obvious.

One of our TSM admins is going to retire later this year. We are being urged to
upgrade the TSM servers to a stable version of 7.x before that happens. If I
present the APAR in 7.1.1.100 to management as a reson to delay the upgrade, I
will be asked what harm is caused by it. Again, client admins run their own
restores, so we cannot take preemptive action to prevent undesirable
side-effects.

With many thanks,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University