ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 7.1.1 TDP for Exchange 2010 backup Task Details not updated?

2015-02-02 20:22:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] 7.1.1 TDP for Exchange 2010 backup Task Details not updated?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 01:20:08 +0000
TSM 6.3.4 on Win2k8-64
Exchange 2010 on Win2k8 64

This is not a show-stopper, just in the "annoying and mysterious" category.

Installed Exchange 7.1.1 TDP for a customer today.
The beautiful FCM interface popped in all the pre-reqs, VSS testing ran, I set
the appropriate passwords and proxy relationships, full backup kicked off via
the GUI ran like a champ.

But in the GUI, in the Task List pane, you used to be able to hover over the
"WORKING" line and see that the backup was actually running, or click the Task
Details tab and see how many GB have moved so far.  It was cool and the
Exchange guys could see progress (especially important for big restores)
without needing access to a TSM server admin account to monitor from the server
end.

In this case the full backup ran over an hour, and there was never any updated
information in the Task List or the Task Details until we got "completed".
Anybody else see this or figured out why?  Am I missing some java thingy?

Thanks

Wanda Prather
TSM Consultant
ICF International Enterprise and Cybersecurity Systems Division