ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] basic DR questions

2015-01-27 13:43:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] basic DR questions
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:41:14 +0000
Hm.  TSM 5.5.

Reinstall Windows
Reinstall TSM
It will create a tiny db and tiny disk pools by default.

Look at the dsmserv.dsk file; it will point to the new DB and log.
I would try doctoring that file to point to the original DB and logs, then
restart TSM and see if it will talk to them.  Probably not, but it's worth a
try.

If that doesn't work, copy  back your dsmserv.opt, your devconfig and volhist
files.

dsmserv restore db

Then it will know about your original disk pools; run audit fix=yes against
each diskpool volume so they will match what's in the DB.

If you think there has been much tape activity with any risk of tapes being
overwritten between your last DB backup and the point of failure, go through
the volhist file and look at all the STGREUSE entries after the last DB backup.
 If any volumes got overwritten, run an AUDIT VOL fix=yes on those.

If you think there were any archives done between the time of your last backup
and point of failure, those are lost.
Go through the accounting logs (dsmaccnt.log) and look for any archive
sessions; you'll need to contact the owners and have them rearchive those
files.  If they did an archive with delete, they will need to restore them and
then rearchive them.

That should take care of it.  Should be relatively simple, assuming your DB
backup is recent.
Good luck!

Wanda Prather
TSM Consultant
ICF International Enterprise and Cybersecurity Systems Division