ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] basic DR questions

2015-01-27 12:56:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] basic DR questions
From: Dmitry Dukhov <demetr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:54:09 +0300
DUMPDB - LOADDB - AUDITDB Procedure on a tsm server, which has a corrupt db.
I have never used this procedure but It will help you with corrupted DB

Dmitry Dukhov
Siberia Software SL
http://www.s-iberia.com

On 27/01/15 20:15, Andrew Ferris wrote:
Hello ADSM-ers,

Our ancient 5.5 (EOL I know) TSM server on windows just corrupted it's C: drive
(so OS + Server Program Files) but everything else is fine - the diskpools, the
logs, the db files, the library, etc. I even have copies of dsmserv.opt,
devconfig.out, and volhist.out. I have a plan file but I would prefer to pull
back as few tapes as possible from offsite.

What would be the quickest way to restore TSM given the large amount of
non-destroyed material I have?

Sorry my DRM skills are so rusty.

thanks,
Andrew Ferris